Issue with SFTPFile methods

Jul 5, 2014 at 1:29 AM
Edited Jul 5, 2014 at 1:31 AM
Hi All
I'm getting a Object reference not set to an instance of an object error when attempting to use any of the methods of SFTPFile (MoveTo, Delete, UpdateStatus) on multiple sftp sites.
I can successfully upload files and retrieve SFTPFile properties, but it constantly fails when trying to do any of the work.

It fails on SubsystemSession.cs line 108 SendData(byte[] data)

This is the log
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : Initiating connect to '127.0.0.1:22'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : Server version '2.0' on 'CoreFTP-0.3.2'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : ReceiveMessage from server: 'KeyExchangeInitMessage': 'SSH_MSG_KEXINIT'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : SendMessage to server 'KeyExchangeInitMessage': 'SSH_MSG_KEXINIT'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : SendMessage to server 'KeyExchangeDhInitMessage': 'SSH_MSG_KEXDH_INIT'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : ReceiveMessage from server: 'KeyExchangeDhReplyMessage': 'SSH_MSG_KEXDH_REPLY'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : SendMessage to server 'NewKeysMessage': 'SSH_MSG_NEWKEYS'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : ReceiveMessage from server: 'NewKeysMessage': 'SSH_MSG_NEWKEYS'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : SendMessage to server 'ServiceRequestMessage': 'SSH_MSG_SERVICE_REQUEST'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : ReceiveMessage from server: 'ServiceAcceptMessage': 'SSH_MSG_SERVICE_ACCEPT'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : SendMessage to server 'RequestMessageNone': 'SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_REQUEST'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : ReceiveMessage from server: 'FailureMessage': 'SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_FAILURE'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : SendMessage to server 'RequestMessagePassword': 'SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_REQUEST'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : ReceiveMessage from server: 'SuccessMessage': 'SSH_MSG_USERAUTH_SUCCESS'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : SendMessage to server 'ChannelOpenMessage': 'SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_OPEN : #0'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : ReceiveMessage from server: 'ChannelOpenConfirmationMessage': 'SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_OPEN_CONFIRMATION : #0'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : SendMessage to server 'ChannelRequestMessage': 'SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_REQUEST : #0'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : ReceiveMessage from server: 'ChannelSuccessMessage': 'SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_SUCCESS : #0'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : ReceiveMessage from server: 'ChannelWindowAdjustMessage': 'SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_WINDOW_ADJUST : #0'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : SendMessage to server 'ChannelDataMessage': 'SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_DATA : #0'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : ReceiveMessage from server: 'ChannelDataMessage': 'SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_DATA : #0'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : SendMessage to server 'ChannelDataMessage': 'SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_DATA : #0'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : ReceiveMessage from server: 'ChannelDataMessage': 'SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_DATA : #0'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : SendMessage to server 'ChannelEofMessage': 'SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_EOF : #0'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : ReceiveMessage from server: 'ChannelCloseMessage': 'SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_CLOSE : #0'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : SendMessage to server 'ChannelCloseMessage': 'SSH_MSG_CHANNEL_CLOSE : #0'.
SshNet.Logging Verbose: 1 : SendMessage to server 'DisconnectMessage': 'SSH_MSG_DISCONNECT'.
A first chance exception of type 'Renci.SshNet.Common.SshConnectionException' occurred in Renci.SshNet.dll
A first chance exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred in Renci.SshNet.dll
and this is the call stack
>   Renci.SshNet.dll!Renci.SshNet.Sftp.SubsystemSession.SendData(byte[] data) Line 108  C#
    Renci.SshNet.dll!Renci.SshNet.Sftp.SftpSession.SendMessage(Renci.SshNet.Sftp.SftpMessage sftpMessage) Line 84 + 0xd bytes   C#
    Renci.SshNet.dll!Renci.SshNet.Sftp.SftpSession.SendRequest(Renci.SshNet.Sftp.Requests.SftpRequest request) Line 247 + 0xd bytes C#
    Renci.SshNet.dll!Renci.SshNet.Sftp.SftpSession.RequestRemove(string path) Line 633 + 0x13 bytes C#
    Renci.SshNet.dll!Renci.SshNet.Sftp.SftpFile.Delete() Line 469 + 0x2d bytes  C#
    Ziptrek.CeridianLibrary.exe!Ziptrek.CeridianLibrary.SFTPUpload.RenameFile(string oldFileName) Line 120 + 0x16 bytes C#
    Ziptrek.CeridianLibrary.exe!ConsoleApplication1.Program.Main(string[] args) Line 35 + 0x1d bytes    C#
    [External Code] 

``` Any help i get would be greatly appreciated as its holding up a large project of mine.
Jul 6, 2014 at 5:22 PM
I'm not sure where but the problem appears to be in my code somewhere i think.
I managed to get the rename to work by using sftpClient.rename rather than File.MoveTo.

Literally just commented out File.MoveTo and replaced it with SFTPClient.Rename. Seems odd to me but i can't manage to reproduce anywhere else.

Thanks for the project. Has been very simple and stable to work with!