How to tell version number of library

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Hi there

I suspect we have several versions of the ssh library floating around between products and I'd like to know which projects are using the newest library.

Is there a file that ships with the library which contains the version number? Or barring that, is there some definitive way to look at the source files and see the version number?

Michael

Coordinator
Jan 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Hi,

Unfortunately not.

I meant to do it in the beginning of this project but then I forgot about it.

I will add something into assembly info so it could generate different numbers there for each version and hopefully it can help.

I think my thought was that people will use source version mostly and there will be no need for version.

Hope it explains it.

Thanks,

Oleg

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Thanks for your reply. 

We do use the source version exclusively. But we still would like to know which version a given set of source files represents. 

When I create software apps (which is what I do for a living), I always have a file named Release Notes.txt that's in the source area, which lists the current version of the source code files and lists the changes in that release. Then, if anyone checks out the project as of any point in time, they can looks at this file and find out which release it is.

If the SSH library doesn't have a similar file, I will just start adding one of my own whenever I download a newer release from you..

Michael

Coordinator
Jan 24, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Yea,

No problem, but you do bring a valid point to my attention which I need to look into anyway.

Thanks,

Oleg