File Upload Problems

Nov 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM

I am uploading an ASCII file of 68KB to a Titan SFTP server.

I get an error:

Payload cannot be more then 32768 bytes.

On some other threads I saw a suggestions that setting the buffersize to something smaller would fix this:

ex.  ftpClient.BufferSize = 1024 * 16  (or some variation)

However doing this simply causes the upload to hang.  The file gets created on the server, however the file size remains zero until the connection times out.

I switched to Titan (I think it's under a different product name now, but it's the version my company has) after trying to use Core FTP for my testing, but I was getting the same error as this thread (http://sshnet.codeplex.com/discussions/395274).

Suggestions welcome.

Nov 12, 2012 at 11:00 PM

So far I've narrowed it down to line 409 in SftpSession.cs

Seems like WaitHandle is waiting for something that never comes.  

If someone is familiar with the code, is there a server setting that is supposed to send a status of some sort that sshNet is waiting for?  I ask because the production sftp server (which I have no control over and so can't tell you what the settings are) has no problems working with sshNet.  Only the two sftp servers listed above seem to have issues and I'm wondering if it's not a client/server setting mismatch?

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2012 at 6:16 PM

If you still experience this problem please download latest source code as I reduced default buffer size to avoid this error in the future.

Thanks,

Oleg