Problem with SftpClient - ListDirectory and iso-8859-1

Jul 18, 2012 at 7:12 AM

Hello!

According to the changeset 12335 this should've been fixed, but I'm still having problems with special characters like ü å ä ö é è  and so on. I have'nt seen any way to change the encoding through the API.

For example, åäöü.txt results in åäöü.txt. But it looks ok when i connect with e.g. FileZilla.

"Fix international support, now all differnt character sets should work, depends on windows default selection" - Does this mean that the SftpClient depends on my local machine's current localization?

Coordinator
Jul 21, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Can you please provide your code example, or mau be e-mail it to me as zip file which includes yourr international code.

When I tested it worked, but in windows you must set your default codepage to whatever you need it to be, since I am using internal function which I assume relies on this settings.

I can come back to this issue later again, but unfortunatly not in next few month :(.

Thanks,

Oleg

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:44 AM
Hi There,

I am having similar issue with SSH.Net while listing .txt file names from SFTP location. There are Chinese characters in the files names available on SFTP location. At the UI end I want to list them to user so that user can download the desired file. But the file name are not displaying correctly instead it displays like "?????.txt".

When I list the same files from my machine using default directly display functions, it works fine. I’ve checked the server as well and everything is okay like server locale, file names on the server etc.

I tried to modify the SSH.Net source code as well but no luck. Can anyone please help what am I missing?

Please reply ASAP.

Many Thanks,