This project is read-only.

Windows Phone Fails to Connect

Nov 22, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Been trying to use the WP7 version of the library but it consistently fails to connect to the server and fails at the key verification stage.  This seems strange as the cryptography code is common to both the WP7 and NET4 clients and the NET4 client works fine.  I don't understand the cyprography sufficiently to work out where it is going wrong but there seems to be some issue.

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2011 at 10:59 PM

I actually never managed to connect using WP7 version myself so we in the same boat.

The reason I did this version is cause someone requested it, but when I did WP7 version I didn't hear any response back from him, so I assume he abandoned the idea of developing something in WP7.

I guess now I can try to look at it again.

Can you send me a sample app that I can use to connect to SSH using WP7 and I will try to debug and see where the problem?

I never developed anything for WP7 so it would be first for me.

Thanks,

Oleg

Coordinator
Nov 23, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Coylen,

I just checked in a fix which I think should solve the problem of connection on WindowsPhone.

I did a test in Silverlight and it works fine now, so I assume it should fix for WindowsPhone too.

Give it a try and let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Oleg

Nov 24, 2011 at 7:30 PM

Oleg,

Fix has resolved the issue and with a couple of other tweaks I have got it up and running.

The remaining issue for WP7 is that the reflection that is used in line 428 of session.cs does not work in WP7, I have created a workround by manually loading the message metadata into the list but i am sure there is probably a more elegant solution.  Unfortunately I am not a programmer by trade or I would know how to submit a patch with my functional though messy solution.

Neil

Coordinator
Nov 25, 2011 at 4:29 PM

Hhmm,

ok, I`ll see if I can com up with some general elegant solution that will work everywhere.

Thanks, and let me know if there are other WP7 related and of course other bugs.

Thanks,

Oleg