Library build for Windows Phone 7

Aug 22, 2011 at 6:06 PM
Edited Aug 22, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Hello.

Does anyone try to build library to use in Windows Phone 7 applications?

(I'm start  converting it, but have n't to much experiense)

http://forums.create.msdn.com/forums/t/72533.aspx

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2011 at 12:40 PM

I already separated some logic that sspecific to .NET 4.0 and silverlight into separate classes.

I also added Renci.SshNet.WindowsPhone project to the solution so it could be implemented later.

I had someone raised an interest to do a silverlight/windows phone implementation of the library so hopefully he will reply to this thread.

I am not familiar myself with Windows Phone development myself but feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Oleg

Aug 26, 2011 at 8:33 PM

@olegkap: I am currently evaluating this library for possible inclusion in an SSH/Telnet client App for Windows Phone. Since I've already got terminal emulation optimized for windows phone and a hand-written telnet protocol library, I just need the ssh connection itself and a decoded text stream, or possibly with terminal emulation for SSH in a form that I can adapt into my optimized term emulator. Not being familiar with the library, do you have some sort of quick-start documentation I can look at, or at least a "Look at these classes" kind of pointer? Thanks!

FYI, my terminal emulation is limited to line-by-line mode for now, so backspaces and cursor-coordinate type terminal commands coming from the server are not supported (i.e. no vi/top yet). That's because they are extremely slow to implement on the phone, at least on the pre-release controls for mango. Something to do with the way controls are cached and created on the phone, makes frequent changes really slow, so most updates need to be done in batches. Those terminal features make it more difficult to batch updates to the client-side output buffer. Does the library support turning these features off in the terminal emulation bits?

Also, if I were to, say, submit patches to fix windows phone specific issues, what convention would you like to use for conditional compilation, if that is needed? 

Thanks!

Sleepy Daddy Software™

Coordinator
Aug 27, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Hi,

Unfortunatly I dont have up to date documention that I can point you to, the only documentation that I have is over 6 month old, which I hope to update at some point.

So as far as reference I would suggest you to download full lateset source code and look thru test cases. Thats where I try to cover different usage scenarious.

I hope one day I will have some time to update documentation or may be some help with that.

As far as conditional compiling.

I am trying to follow MSFT article about best practice for multi platform support and I already did some work about it, to seperate logic for different platform into differnt partial classes.

So I guess the main convention I would like to follow is to create platform specific partial classes where platform specific code will be placed.

So for example I already have Session.NET.cs, Session.NET40, Session.NET35, Session.Silverlight.cs and Session.WP7.cs.

Currently Silverlight and WP7 are not implemented but simply a placeholders.

I saw you submitted a patch so I will review it and try to merge those changes accordingly and update Silverlight and WP7 projects in the solution. I currently excluded them.

Hope it answers your questions,

Thanks,

Oleg