This project is read-only.

Connection Authentication Issue

May 30, 2011 at 3:32 AM
Edited May 30, 2011 at 3:33 AM

Hi Again,

Your response re the private key format was great. Thanks. I can now get past that point of invalid Private Key file.

I had an issue with the message 53 but reading the posts found that you had fixed this too in the latest release which I am now running. Thanks for that too.

The problem I now have is that I am getting "User cannot be authenticated" when I know that the credentials are correct. I can connect using them in PuTTY. I know this is a pretty difficult one to answer but is there anything that I need to look for? There is no where as yet that I have had to specify the password. Is that correct?

Also the documentation files for the new release seem to be in .aml files format with one .content file. I can't find anywhere documentation on how to open them etc. How does one access this new doc format please?

Regards

Hamish

May 30, 2011 at 7:24 AM

The documentation file in the project that you referring to are raw material from which CHM documentation is build from.

Regarding authentication problem.

When you use private key authentication, you dont need to provide password, unles private key file is encrypted using key phrase.

If you can post your code here, without sensitive information, or send it to me privatly so I could take a look then I could be more specific regarding your issue.

Also, CHM file a little bit outdated but it does have few authentication examples.

Thanks,

Oleg

Jun 2, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Hi There,

This turned out to be a server config issue. They had the option of Public Key and Password authentication turned on instead of just one of those which of course could not be done with the connection methods in the class. 

Thanks

Hamish