This project is read-only.

not getting value of system variable

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:57 PM
Edited Apr 27, 2011 at 3:12 PM

Hi Oleg,

Why its not getting value of system variable. Like on my machine there is one variable $dbroot and it has some path so when i am running the command echo $DBROOT its not giving anything in the result. But if the same thing i am running in the shell its giving me the out put. if possible can you please find out the reason.

it seems the sshclient is not changing the directory. So if i am running the command cd \temp\test\ and then if i do pwd i get the same as before no changes in path.

Thanks & Regards,

Shyam Sohane

Apr 27, 2011 at 7:03 PM

Shyam,

From what I know, is that when you execute a single command, SSH server doesnt run any shell, therefor there are no environment variables defined.

I dont really know what would be the solution for this problem, other then running a Shell but if you have an idea please let me know, and I'll see if I can add this feature.

Thanks,

Oleg

Apr 28, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Shyam,

I just got this idea where you can try run the command that you need in context of the shell.

For example:

tcsh -c "ls"

You just need to check what shell you want to use and what parameter to use to run the command in this shell.

Hope it helps,

Oleg