GREAT WORK!

Apr 13, 2011 at 7:53 AM
Edited Apr 13, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Hi Oleg,

I was acutally working on my own re-implementation of JSch since I also noticed SharpSSH was more or less dead -- not to mention butt-ugly when it comes to design (he had his own version of String from Java!).  I was acutally re-implementing more or less from scratch with inspiration from JSch, which I also realized was not that well designed, when I came across your library.  The source code is beautiful!  So I trashed my (2-days) of work =).

Anyways, one suggestion: since this is a cryptography library, can you sign your releases with a strong name?  Reason is I'm referencing the library from my own strongly-named assemblies; it seems kind of a hack to ildasm the built library, sign it, and ilasm back together, when you as the author should provide the signature =).

Thanks!
-atanmir

Coordinator
Apr 14, 2011 at 3:14 PM

Hi atanmir,

Thanks.

This is actually a good suggestion to sign the assembly with a strong name, so I might do it in a future. The reason I didnt pay too much attention to it right now is since I provide a source code, you can always sign it with your key if needed.

Thanks,

Oleg

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Yes, that's what I've been doing in the meantime =). 

Do you need any help with the library?  I'm reasonably familiar with the SSH protocol since I tried implementing it myself right before I found your library, so I can be of assistance if needed.  I'm also pretty good with .NET / C#.

Let me know.

-atanamir

Coordinator
Apr 18, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Hi,

Thanks for offering the help.

If you know of specific feature that you need and would like to implement, then let me know and I could add you as a developer then.

I do try to follow some coding rules, naming conventions etc'. So if you comfortable with current code, please let me know.

Couple areas, what I would like to improve in the future is to add more commonly used crypto algorithm, as well, as compression.

Also, where are you located, in case we need to speak over the phone or skype. Feel free to write me personally if you want to reply to this message.

Thanks,

Oleg