This project is read-only.

Stability while in beta; "stable" timeframe

Dec 12, 2014 at 10:15 PM
To any/all using: I'm reviewing use of this library for the first time. It seems like the "beta2" status is nominal, as the library has been undergoing constant dev and use, and many bugs within the last "stable" release have been fixed.

What's the time frame or triggering event(s) for a new stable release?
Coordinator
Dec 16, 2014 at 12:10 PM
I've been working on performance tuning lately, but I'll now focus on fixing the following issue:
  • issue 2591: Session.Disconnect() hangs forever
Once that issue is fixed, we'll probably release one more beta.
There should only be a week or two between that beta and the stable release.

Thanks for the patience!
Marked as answer by drieseng on 12/16/2014 at 4:13 AM
Feb 5, 2015 at 3:44 PM
drieseng wrote:
I've been working on performance tuning lately, but I'll now focus on fixing the following issue:
  • issue 2591: Session.Disconnect() hangs forever
Once that issue is fixed, we'll probably release one more beta.
There should only be a week or two between that beta and the stable release.

Thanks for the patience!
drieseng, It looks like issue 2591 was resolved on Dec 22, 2014 with change set 41297. Can you give us an update on a stable release time frame?
Mar 13, 2015 at 12:36 AM
3 months later and biting my nails waiting for a stable release :( Dynamic Port forwarding is still slow in the latest beta and the latest code in master will not compile for .Net 3.5 :(
Mar 24, 2015 at 7:26 AM
Same question for me: I have NuGet software that depends on this version of SSH.NET (just because it is signed) and I'm stuck on pre-release because SSH.NET latest package is still in pre-release :'(.
So do you have an idea of the final release date?
Apr 1, 2015 at 7:42 AM
Hi All, is this project still alive?
Coordinator
Apr 1, 2015 at 6:32 PM
Personally, I've been busy with other the stuff the last few months.
I'm not saying that the interest in SSH.NET wil not come back, but having more community interest in helping this project evolve would give a positive impulse.
I hate working on a project when there's no one to discuss (technical) challenges/approaches with.
Apr 1, 2015 at 8:31 PM
In terms of community involvement other that use complaining about bugs and features :) would it be more on people contributing to it say with patches? I think if it moved to to GitHub it would make it easier to merger pull requests and get more people involved, probably allowing some of the community to commit to master patches with some rules approved as the Great Leader of the project. So far no other .Net library does what yours does and I depend on it 110% for Posh-SSH and would hate for it to get any love and be just a side project.
Apr 2, 2015 at 6:56 PM
Hey drieseng, I think this is an incredible project and you definitely shouldn't be discouraged. I rely on this all the time and it would be great to see the next stable release come to fruition. Keep up the good work man!
Apr 10, 2015 at 6:37 PM
I second the GitHub suggestion. Thanks for all your hard work!!
Apr 10, 2015 at 6:40 PM
For what it's worth in the past few days I tried multiple times to reply and couldn't because codeplex was in read-only mode (I believe it was in read-only mode for over a week).
Apr 12, 2015 at 9:06 AM
I also agree with the move to GitHub, which would allow you engage community with you, while staying the manager of the project (ie. accepting or denying each individual pull request).
And I also agree with the fact that SSH.NET is the best SSH project I know, so please, don't let it die!
Apr 14, 2015 at 4:22 PM
picrap wrote:
I also agree with the move to GitHub, which would allow you engage community with you, while staying the manager of the project (ie. accepting or denying each individual pull request).
And I also agree with the fact that SSH.NET is the best SSH project I know, so please, don't let it die!
Exactly what I think !!
Apr 16, 2015 at 9:36 PM
I second the motion! This is great project and I don't want to see it die. I can certainly help and I am sure other people will help too!
Moving to GitHub will certainly help and will allow other people to contribute.
May 28, 2015 at 2:46 AM
Any further progress on this?
Its tempting to create a fork on github as there would be much more involvement and community contributions. I have hit a bug in latest stable that has been fixed in beta2 so bit the bullet and considered referencing the beta in my project however am how consistently hit with the #2591 described above so am stuck between a rock and a hard place.
either a beta3 or new stable would be great right now as the codefix looks to already be in place .....
Jun 7, 2015 at 5:45 PM
I'm going to open a new thread and suggest an "official fork" on github. We might create a group, where contributors are welcome, until the author (drieseng) claims it. More details in the new thread.