Project status: No public commits since May 2014?

Sep 15, 2014 at 5:27 PM
Hi all,

I've been wondering about the next release of SshNet, and noticed that there have been no public commits since May. And the Beta from April has not been updated either.

When I inquired a few months ago on this list, drieseng indicated that a second beta would be likely.

Obviously this is an open source project, and as an end user, I'm grateful for what has been done thus far. It's a great library.

I'm currently trying to debug an issue with SshNet tunnels locking up on a network error, which I'll ask about in another post as I figure out more details, but at a basic level I'm wondering about the project status as a whole.

So I'm just wondering:

Are the project's developers still working towards the next library release, or are they too busy with other work for now?

I do see the authors on the mailing list, so I'm guessing things are fine. But I figured it's worth asking about.

Thank you,
David
Sep 15, 2014 at 9:53 PM
I guess as a followup question:

Is there anything the authors of SshNet need in terms of help from end users to get to the next release. (I say this as somebody not too familiar with the code base.)
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2014 at 6:49 PM
Personnally, I've been busy with other stuff lately and enjoying summer with my family.
I haven't abandoned the project, but I can't say if and when I'll continue working on SSH.NET.
I do know that I have no interest in running this project all by myself.
Any help is greatly appreciated and would surely result in a positive vibe.
Sep 24, 2014 at 10:02 PM
Thank you drieseng - I am glad to hear you had a great summer. We can all use those!

What would you like to see as far as help? If you could gather up what would be needed to get the current batch of issues resolved and assign to some folks, I am sure there are several of us that would contribute. Sometimes gathering the troops just involves a set of expectations, and a commitment with a sunset, say a year for stabilization. No one should be expected to contribute forever, even the original developer.

Thank you for this contribution, it would be great to see a handful of folks come together to publish the next release. I could certainly use a release without the disconnect issue!

Thank you
Sep 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM
Second that, DHT... This project needs some love.

Let's finish this.

I volunteer to contribute to a Beta 2.
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2014 at 9:46 PM
I've stepped up the pace a little this week; I'm working on an authentication issue which I consider blocking.

I could use help reviewing and prioritizing issues.