This project is read-only.

Adding events to shell

Dec 28, 2012 at 9:29 AM
Edited Jan 3, 2013 at 10:33 AM

how to provide ctrl+C and ctrl+D events and to open a file through vi editor using the ShellStream class or any other class...

I hope i made myself clear if not..

I am working on a project where i want to create a client like putty. I have created a stream using shell stream but it could not handle events such as ctrl + D ...

I am just making a simple command and gets its output based on finding prompt basis. Is there any criteria other than that to create it a shell and also having mltiple command at a single time.

And also how to provide the tab events on the shell.

I hope this time it clear. Please response ASAP.

Jan 3, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Please response!!!!!

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Hi,

Sorry for delay,

Unfortunately there are no events and I don't think it possible to make them.

All communication to and from shell is based on what characters do you send and different terminals can interpret character differently,

more then that, I recently added ability to specify terminal modes where you can configure what character means at that specific session.

Hope it could help.

Thanks,

Oleg

Jun 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Edited Jun 26, 2013 at 12:33 AM
To use vi over a shell stream, you need to implement at least partial ANSI decoding. Preferably also use a Console application, as it has a concept of line/columns and cursor movement/positioning. It's possible with a GUI app but requires a heck of an effort as you'll need to implement all painting on your own.

I'm doing that right now (writing a console app terminal with ANSI support), and hopefully, you'll be able to find my code on codeplex once I'm done. Doesn't look too bad, but not everything works as it should, yet.

Trying to find out how to send Ctrl-C aka SIGINT myself right now!
Jun 26, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Hi,

If you need some help/testing please let me know.
What about opening a repo on github for development phase?
Looking forward to your implementation!

Greetz