This project is read-only.

What causes "An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine"?

Dec 12, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Hi there

I'm using Recni.SSH in multi-threaded app using the new async features of CS 2012. I'm executing concurrent SSH commands on threadpool threads using Task.Run(...).

Overall, everything is going well (thanks for the great code!!!) , but:

1. Occasionally I get the "An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine" exception.   I don't really understand what this is exception is about or why it's making it all the up to my application?  What kinds of things should I look for in my code that might cause this??

2. Sometimes calls to APIs seem to never return. I've specifically noticed this with SftpClient.DownloadFile() and when executing a command created by SshClient.CreateCommand().   I think I can recreate at least one scenario in which this happens: if I am executing one of the above commands and the the remote server is terminated.    What I need for this issue is: any insight on what conditions the code might "never return" and/or to find out if there's any way to have the code write debug messages so I can better understand what it's doing when it "goes away".

Any help with either of these would be much appreciated!

Michael

Dec 14, 2012 at 3:17 PM

As a follow-up to the problem of ssh "going away", I've been able to narrow this down a bit more than before. What I'm seeing is that sometimes Connect calls are simply never completing.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated

Michael

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:35 AM

Hi,

Please take a look at latest code since I made some improvements there.

Thanks,

Oleg

Dec 21, 2012 at 2:49 AM
Thanks for your reply. I will try the new release. Any ideas why Open calls sometimes never return??

Michael

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 20, 2012, at 12:35 AM, olegkap <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

Please take a look at latest code since I made some improvements there.

Thanks,

Oleg

Dec 21, 2012 at 3:04 PM

Hey,

What do you mean by open calls?

If you mean that it hangs then I tried to address it in latest release.

It should either timeout or throw an exception.

I remember I was trying to handle the situation when server drops the connection as much as I could but may be I still missed something.

If you have any suggestion to where it hangs or how to fix it please let me know.

Thanks,

Oleg