This project is read-only.

send string, not command

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:41 PM
Edited Jun 26, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Hi There

Is it possible to use ssh.net to send a string to the connected port instead of an actual command?

for example if I use PuTTY/Plink and connect on then type into the prompt the characters I type are sent on SSH as a string, not specifically as a command

This is slightly different to if I run the command:

plink testProfile -l userName myString

In this case plink attempts to start a shell/command and run myString as a command, which for my particular server the attempt will be refused.

The reason I would like to send the data as a general string instead of specifically a command is that my server is an embedded server which attempts to forward the data directly out on to a serial port. Thus it refuses the attempt to start a shell/command

with plink I can solve this by using a slightly different command:

echo myString | plink testProfile -l userName

Does ssh.net allow this type of transmission? 

Thanks

PS: Im using vb, but I can probably convert any C# example to vb if absolutely necessary ;)

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Hi,

If I understand your problem correctly then currently there is no way to do that.

You can inherit from one of the base classes and make your own implementation of that and then if you like in the future I can embed it into library.

For me to implement this kind of feature I will need access to the server that expects this type of behaviour which I dont have.

I also dont have much time now to spend on this since I am to busy with other project for a moment.

Thanks,

Oleg

Jun 26, 2012 at 5:51 PM

Thanks Oleg