SSH.NET with ProFTPd

Feb 20, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Great library thus far and a welcome find after struggling with SharpSSH, but I am having one issue. I can't get the client to connect to a ProFTPd server with mod_sftp. Through debugging and looking at Wireshark traffic, it looks like the client is waiting on the server and the server is waiting on the client.

Compared to other servers, the ProFTPd server seems to be sending a lot of information (version & Key Exchange Init) very early while other servers seem to break this information up into different chunks. I am not extremely familiar with the SFTP protocol (or networking in general), but this appears to be the cause of the issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2012 at 1:17 PM

Hi,

I assume it doesnt happen with any other server.

Can you provide me with some test account so I could try to debug it?

I saw its an open source project and I can probably download it myself, but I simply dont know when I will have time to download it and install it myself, so thought this way it could be faster if I could simply take a look at it this way and see if its some small problem that I can fix fast.

Thanks,

Oleg

Feb 21, 2012 at 2:48 PM

Yes - I tested it on my personal server with which also uses ProFTPd, but not for SFTP. It seems to be the mod_sftp module of ProFTPd that isn't fully supported. I am able to connect to the mod_sftp using different SFTP client applications like Filezilla. It might take a few days for me to get approval for a test account for a third party to use (work bureaucracy). Worst case, I'll set up mod_sftp on my personal server and give you credentials to that.

Coordinator
Feb 21, 2012 at 4:43 PM

ok, no problem,

yea let me know then.

Thanks,

Oleg

Coordinator
Feb 24, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Hey,

I made a fix for your problem and no it connects.

Please check 14601 code change set.

Please note that I think that currently it will not work with silverlight version but I didnt test it.

Please let me know if you have any other problems.

Thanks,

Oleg