This project is read-only.

ssh.net 3.5 Source Code

Jan 30, 2012 at 11:57 AM

i'm trying to use ssh.net library into existing .net 3.5 project that enforces strong name, so i downloaded 3.5 assembly Renci.SshNet.dll, my problem is get signed assembly  with my proper .snk file.  Now i need 3.5 source to make new assembly and sign it,  could you tell me how download 3.5 project Source Code? I find it in download section but i can't find it?   thank you very much for help.

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Hi,

Usually I dont publish .NET 3.5 source code as it is based on .NET 4.0 with minor differences so its hard for me to extract only 3.5 code.

What you can do is to download latest source code from "Source Code" and it will have solution with multiple projects, one of them will be .NET 3.5 .

Then you can refernce this project inside of your project and sign it as you need it.

Hope it helps,

Thanks,

Oleg

Jan 30, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Ok, thanks, now i'll do what you suggested. Thank you again.

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Hi

I need to use this in a .NET 3.5 project (which cannot reference a .NET 4 assembly), and when I change the project type to be .NET 3.5 it will not compile, as the source code uses Dispose() methods on the threading classes which are only exposed in .NET 4. When I remove the .NET 4 specific references it waits forever on key exchange (even though the timeout has been specifically set at 5 seconds). 

I can't use the 3.5 binary as I am debugging issues with the NetConf system and the logging isn't giving me enough information (e.g. it throws the error "Hello was not the first message received" but it doesn't tell me what the first message was). I can't use Visual Studio debugging as the network device I am testing on is in a different network to the one I am developing on and I have to run it through a jump server which won't support remote debugging. How do you normally compile your 3.5 binary despite having unsupported methods?

Coordinator
Feb 6, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Hi,

You can download full source code from the "Source Code" tab.

This will have different versions in it, including 3.5.

Then you can reference source version of this project and debug it as any other source code.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Oleg

Marked as answer by drieseng on 5/7/2014 at 1:15 PM