Exception "Request 'eow@openssh.com' is not supported." when remote exec

Aug 25, 2011 at 9:09 AM

Hi Oleg,

I'm trying to execute a command remotely on Windows server with OpenSSH running and I'm getting the following exception:

"Request 'eow@openssh.com' is not supported." 
at Renci.SshNet.SshCommand.WaitHandle(WaitHandle waitHandle) in D:\kaa\C#\Renci.SshNet\SshCommand.cs:line 411   at Renci.SshNet.SshCommand.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) in D:\kaa\C#\Renci.SshNet\SshCommand.cs:line 217   at Renci.SshNet.SshCommand.Execute() in D:\kaa\C#\Renci.SshNet\SshCommand.cs:line 241   at Renci.SshNet.SshClient.RunCommand(String commandText) in D:\kaa\C#\Renci.SshNet\SshClient.cs:line 225   at TestConsoleApplication.Program.Main(String[] args) in D:\kaa\C#\TestConsoleApplication\Program.cs:line 102   at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)   at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

The code is:

using (var ssh = new SshClient(_host, _loginName, _password))
            {
                ssh.Connect();
                var cmd = ssh.RunCommand("ls");
                Console.WriteLine(cmd.Result);
                ssh.Disconnect();
                Console.WriteLine("Disconnected.");
                Console.ReadKey();
            }

Please note that SharpSSH (http://www.tamirgal.com/blog/page/SharpSSH.aspx) library does the work good (unfortunately it fails to upload to the box). Also, I have no problem with uploading files with your library to that box.

Could you please help?

Thanks,
Anatoli

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2011 at 1:18 PM

Can you please download latest version from the "Source Code" tab?

I recently made some changes that address this specific issue.

Thanks,

Oleg

Aug 26, 2011 at 10:46 AM

It works! Thank you very much!

Regards,
Anatoli