This project is read-only.

Server SSH.NET Library

Jul 18, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Hi,

As far as I understood, SSH.Net Library is an SSH client compoment.

Do you know a project for an SSH Server .Net Library ?

Many Thanks

Coordinator
Jul 18, 2011 at 4:35 PM
I've seen some unfinished attempts to implement SSH Server on codeplex, like this one http://nssh.codeplex.com/. But I haven't tried it.
May be there are some other attempts too.

Thanks,
Oleg

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 3:32 AM, fjj <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

As far as I understood, SSH.Net Library is an SSH client compoment.

Do you know a project for an SSH Server .Net Library ?

Many Thanks

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sshnet@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sshnet@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 18, 2011 at 6:05 PM

That seems pretty dead, last commit Jan 20 2010.

May I ask what requires you to have a .NET SSH daemon?

Jul 18, 2011 at 9:56 PM

I work for a software editor.

We often need to do some remote maintenance.

Actually, each customer opens us a VPN. That means that we have a lot of VPN Client that are often incompatible.

I want to reverse this logic and impose our tool.

And my idea is to use port fowarding through ssh. But if I want that our customer accept to use my ssh daemon I must allow to have some log, to restrict the port forward to small list of IP:port etc.

That why I want to code my own ssh daemon.

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2011 at 2:40 PM

well,

I guess what you can do is to may be use an SSH as a method of secure communication.

So for example SSH is build of several layers but what you can do is to use only one you need and create your own Connection Protocol layer but use existing transport and authentication.

This is just an idea, not sure how it will sit with your solution.

Thanks,

Oleg